Miraculous Medal Painted Porcelain and 14K Yellow Gold
Painted Porcelain and 14K Yellow Gold Miraculous Medal
Two Sizes Available
This two sided medal in Painted Porcelain combines the beauty of Hand Painted Porcelain with the Miraculous Elements on the back. Framed in 14K Yellow Gold and includes a very nice 14K Yellow Gold tapered bail. The small medal is a nice size for children. The large medal is a nice size for adults.
The Miraculous Medal is one of the most beloved of all medals. In 1830, the Virgin Mary appeared to Sister Catherin Laboure (now a saint), a French nun. Mary gave the nun detailed instructions on a medal that she wanted to have cast and distributed. The medal featured the Virgin Mary on the front with the inscription "Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for those who have recourse to thee." The back of the medal was to include 12 stars, a large M surmounted by a cross, the Sacred Heart of Jesus crowned with thorns and the Immaculate Heart of Mary pierced by a sword.
- Miraculous Medal Center in Hand Painted Porcelain
- Small Medal measures 13 x 10mm (.51 x .39")
- Large Medal measures 17 x 13.5mm (.67 x .53")
- Each medal has an 8mm Tapered Bail which adds .31" to the overall length
- Medal Frame and Tapered bail in 14K Yellow Gold
- Made in the USA